Let’s be honest: Gen Z and millennials simply do not like watching TV commercial-style ads, especially when they have endless content at their fingertips. If your video ads are able to stop them from scrolling or tapping away for just a few seconds, you will not just grow your bottom line but also boost your brand value.
Out of all the social media apps available today, Snapchat is one of the most influential online platforms in modern history, with a unique and engaged user base. According to statistics, the platform has over 250 million daily active users, with over 60% of 13 to 34 year-olds in the US using the platform.
The barrier to entry for creating video ads at scale has also drastically lowered. There are now countless tools which help you streamline your creative production for personalized short-form videos.
Let us take a look at why you should prioritize advertising on Snapchat and how you can leverage this platform for growing your business.
Why smart marketers love Snapchat
Snapchat is a smart marketer’s dream - it encourages creativity and out of the box thinking. What’s more, such strategies also have a higher ROAS than generic forms of advertising since they are more compelling and personalized.
Want to experiment with memes, pop culture references, or just showcase a quirky and fun side of your brand? These are all things you can incorporate into your Snapchat ads, which may have a negative effect on channels like Google Search.
What differentiates Snapchat for advertisers?
Snapchat is considered as an authentic and intimate form of social media since it focuses on 1-to-1 conversations. You can use this fact to your advantage by doubling down on contextually relevant content for your audience.
Such campaigns have higher conversion rates because they do not feel spammy; they showcase how your brand has made the conscious effort to reach out to your customers with products you think they would love.
How brands have leveraged Snapchat Video Ads
Fun fact: Snapchat pioneered fully vertical video ads. This opened the door for more immersive video ads that every social media platform quickly adopted.
There are countless success stories of enterprises which used personalized creatives in this format to win big.
For example, SHEIN, a global fashion brand, achieved a 20% higher ROAS by using Snapchat Ads.
Their secret? Personalized creatives at scale. Thanks to a combination of various creatives, targeting and bid optimizations, they saw a 50% lower cost per purchase and a 20% higher ROAS.
With short-form video ads, you can get up close and personal with your audience, build a sense of trust, and showcase your product catalog in a way that is more memorable than generic product ads that a user will likely scroll away from on any other platform.
What are the benefits of advertising on Snapchat?
- Direct-to-Audience Video Interaction: Sending a personalized message to your audience has a powerful impact. You can fine-tune your messaging and even add a personal touch, which leaves a lasting impression in the minds of consumers.
- Authentic audience: Snapchat's user base is primarily made up of younger generations, who are often considered harder to reach through traditional advertising methods.
- Target your audience precisely: Snapchat's advertising platform allows brands to target specific demographics, such as age, location, and interests, ensuring that their ads reach the right audience.
- High engagement: Snapchat's use of interactive features, such as Sponsored Lenses and Snap Ads, allows for highly engaging advertising campaigns that capture the attention of users.
- Feature Multiple Products with Collection Ads: If you want to promote multiple products at once, you can easily advertise them with Snapchat’s unique Collection Ad format. You can arrange your products in a visually pleasing and interactive format that is much more engaging than other platforms.
- Unique ways to increase brand awareness: Snapchat's unique features, such as Snap Map and Stories, offer brands the opportunity to increase brand awareness through location-based campaigns and user-generated content.
- High level of creativity: Snapchat's unique features such as Snap Ads allow brands to get creative and develop unique, interactive and engaging campaigns that stand out from traditional advertising methods.
How Hunch can help you succeed at Snapchat advertising
To succeed in advertising for Snapchat, developing contextual and authentic video ads is the key. But it is simply not realistic for brands to manually create a large volume of ad variants that are tailored to individual customer preferences.
Hunch does the heavy lifting while you can focus on being creative and work on refining your messaging instead. With features such as feed management, advanced analytics, and pre-built templates to supercharge your campaigns, you have more flexibility to be creative with your campaigns while being impactful.
If you are interested in running Dynamic Product Ads on Snapchat, Hunch offers one of the most powerful tools on the market.
Hunch takes care of the heavy lifting while you can focus on being creative and work on refining your messaging instead. Want to know more? Request a demo and we would be happy to show you the platform in action!