Write for us.
Thanks for being interested in writing for the Hunch Blog! Our blog is a go-to resource for digital marketing, paid social, and technology pros who are at the top of their game. We're open to accepting guest content from the right writers and thought leaders. To help in this process, we've included a few guidelines below.
Golden rule: Read the guidelines. Follow them. Read them again. Use the guidelines as a final checklist.
- Who is the site’s target audience? eCommerce/Online Retail/DTC marketers.
- Write from a reporter’s perspective (not a marketer’s) – provide factual content to inform, educate, or entertain the audience.
- Create unique, relevant content - But keep these guidelines in mind. (we will check its originality)
- 1,000+ words submitted in an editable Google Doc.
- Non-promotional and vendor-agnostic.
- On-topic (top-of-funnel subjects such as “what is” and “how-to” articles).
- Include images, gifs or any fun animated content that is hosted externally and won’t require heavy lifting on our end.
- Include a 1-2 sentence bio with your headshot (square dimension at least 200×200).
- No more than 1-2 backlinks to your site in the article. You can link to resources, blogs, educational content, etc. (no homepage or promotional content).
- Shoot for no more than 2-3 outgoing links per 1,000 words of content TOTAL, but do make sure you cite your sources.
- The content must be original.
- Our expectation is that you have done a site search and have become familiar with our brand tone, style and the topics that are of interest to our audience. (conversational style)
- The article you submit should target a primary keyword with > 500 monthly volume.
- Use long tail/semantic keywords throughout the article in addition to the primary keyword.
- Use the target keyword in title and keyword/long-tail keywords in headers (H2, H3, etc)
- Include links to sources and links to other Hunch resources when possible.
- Once the post is live on hunchads.com, you may share a link to the content on socials, medium, etc – but you cannot re-post the entire article on your website or other sources.
- Hunch’s editorial team reserves the right to make edits, remove the content, or change it in any way. We also reserve the right to include calls-to-action to Hunch content.
If you want your submissions to be accepted, don’t think of guest blog posts as disguised ads for selling your products or services or a way to get as many backlinks as possible. Instead, focus on how your article can help the audience.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks.
Submit all requests to marketing[at]hunchads[dot]com